Thursday, January 8, 2015

Detox 2.0 2015


Hi there! I have not posted in ages so I am probably talking to myself but that is ok since I am the one who needs a good talking to right now! As people do, I have slowly reverted back to many bad habits. I still eat better than most of my family but I have definitely slipped up more than a bit. some of my worst symptoms were coming back over the holidays like migraines, foggy thinking, pain from inflammation, eczema and mucus/cough. Ick- why do I do this?
So now I have a new plan to get back on track. I have purchased a Blendtec blender and the book 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse. 10 days....nothing, right? Of course it has taken me nearly a month to get my head straight to begin! Tomorrow is the 1st day. The plan is to drink green smoothies for the 10 days with only a few limited snacks allowed. Hard boiled eggs, unsweetened peanut butter (I'll use almond), raw nuts, celery and carrots are ok to snack on. Drink water and detox tea. No caffeine. Um... I may cheat there but hope to cut down. The smoothie recipes in the book make enough for all day.There is a huge Facebook support group for this plan at www.facebook.com/green.smoothie.cleanse
Day 1 smoothie recipe
3 handfuls of spinach
2 cups water
1 apple cored and quartered
1 cup frozen mango
1 cup frozen strawberries
2 TBS ground flaxseed
(optional) 1 scoop of protein powder- I will add this at least in the beginning to help me get by!
I also have Blend Fresh products to use in my smoothies to boost the nutritional value.

No comments:

Post a Comment